(i) when we provide Services to you; and
(ii) when we process personal information at your instruction that may be included as part of the Content which you view, upload, download or otherwise appears on our Services.
Social Khalifa is committed to protecting the privacy of all individuals who:
Visit any of its websites or mobile sites, including socialkhalifa.com, including all subdomains, present and future (the “Website”);
Use any of its Services including Social Khalifa Arch, Resource, Novelty, Boot-strap other Social khalifa products and services made available from time to time (the "Platforms").
We call the Website, the Applications and Platforms together the "Services".
Social Khalifa offers a platform of social media management tools. Our Services enable you to bring together your social media accounts for easy access and management through a single online dashboard.Social Khalifa helps its users manage social media marketing; engaging audiences; scheduling and publishing messages; and analyzing their results. When you link your existing social media accounts to your Social Khalifa account, you can choose to instantly collect process, share and access Social Network content via your Social Khalifa account.
Information we collect
Information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person. An identifiable natural person is an individual that can be identified, directly or indirectly, be referenced to an identifier such as: a name, an identification number, specific location data, an online identifier, or other attributes specific to that natural person.
Information does not include information that is anonymous or aggregated in such a way that it can no longer be used to identify a specific natural person, whether on its own or in combination with other information.
The information that we collect falls into two broad categories: Account Data and Content.
Account data (“Account Data”) is personal information you provide us, or that we collect from you and your devices in connection with your access to and use of our Services (such as when you provide us information to register for an account, or information we collect about your browser when you connect to one of our Services, etc.). In legal terms, we collect and use this Account Data as a data controller.
There are two general categories of Account Data we collect in order to provide you with the Services.
1. Information you give us
• Account information: You may provide us with information in connection with the creation and management of your account for the Services, such as a name, email address and a password to create a Social Khalifa account..
• Billing information: If you have purchased a paid version of the Services, or if you make another financial transaction using our Services, we (and our third party payment processors) will collect information about the purchase or transaction. This includes billing details and credit card/ debit card information, other account and authentication information.
• Other information: You may otherwise choose to provide us with information when you fill in a form, contact our customer support, respond to surveys or use other features of our Services. You may also provide us with other optional information as part of your account profile, including your usernames, avatars and links to the Social Network profiles you authenticate with your Social Khalifa profile.
2. Information we automatically collect from your use of the Services
Log data and usage information: Like most websites, when you view content on or otherwise interact with our Services our servers automatically record information, including information that your browser sends whenever you visit a Website or that your Application sends when you are using it. This log data may include your IP address, the address of the web page you visited before using the Services, your browser type and settings, your device information, the date and time of your use of the Services, information about your browser configuration and plug-ins, language preferences, unique identifiers and cookie data.
Location information: When you use our Services, we may collect information about your geographic location.
The content which you upload, download, or view on our Services (defined as “Content” in our Terms) may, but does not necessarily, contain personal information. When we refer to “Content” in this notice, we mean the personal information in Content that we process. We only process Content at your direction. In legal terms, we act as data processors for the personal information included in the Content. Our obligations and commitments as it relates to our processing of Content on behalf of our users is outlined in the section below called Content - Social Khalifa as a Data Processor
Account Data - How we use it
We use, store, and process Account Data as a data controller to provide, understand, improve and develop our Services, keep our Services safe and to comply with our legal obligations. More particularly, we use it to:
Account Data - Legal basis for use
Our legal basis for collecting and using Account Data as a data controller will depend on the the specific context in which we collect it. However, as a data controller, we will collect personal information from you where
• We have your consent to do so.
• Where we need the personal information to perform a contract with you (to deliver the Social Khalifa Services)
• Where the processing is in our legitimate interests (and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms)
In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect personal information from you, or may otherwise need the personal information to protect your vital interests or those of another person.
Where we rely on your consent to process Account Data, you have the right to withdraw or decline your consent at any time. Please note that this does not affect the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
If we ask you to provide Account Data to comply with a legal requirement we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your personal information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your personal information). Similarly, if we collect and use your personal information in reliance on our legitimate interest which is not already described in this policy, we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
Account Data - Access, control and correction of personal information and certain other important rights
As a user, you may update or correct most of your Account Data by logging in to your account to edit your profile or organization record. To make a request to have Account Data returned to you, removed, or to make additional corrections, please email our privacy team. Requests to access, correct, or remove your information will be handled within thirty (30) days and may be subject to a fee as permitted by applicable law.
Depending on where you reside, you may have the right to exercise additional rights available to you under applicable laws with regards to the personal information Social Khalifa holds about you as a data controller, including:
• Right of erasure: In certain circumstances, you may have a broader right to erasure of personal information that we hold about you – for example, if it is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which it was originally collected. Please note, however, that we may need to retain certain information for as long as you maintain an account for our Services, or as needed to provide you with our Services, for record keeping purposes, to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce the Terms.
• Right to object to processing: You may have the right to request that Social Khalifa stops processing your personal information and/or to stop sending you marketing communications.
• Right to restrict processing: You may have the right to request that Social Khalifa stops processing your personal information and/or to stop sending you marketing communications.
• Right to object to processing: You may have the right to request that we restrict processing of your personal information in certain circumstances (for example, where you believe that the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate or unlawfully held).
• Right to data portability: In certain circumstances, you may have the right to be provided with your personal information in a structured, machine readable and commonly used format and to request that we transfer the personal information to another data controller without hindrance.
If you would like to exercise such rights, please contact us. We will consider your request in accordance with applicable laws. To protect your privacy and security, we may take steps to verify your identity before complying with the request.
You also have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Content - Social Khalifa as a Data Processor
You, as a Social Khalifa user, control how Content is generated, requested, submitted or published and processed on our Services. When you use our Services,you may view, create, and analyze Content which will ultimately be published on the various Social Networks.
The Content that flows through our Services may include personal information of all types, including but not limited to the following categories:
• User generated content (such as messages, posts, comments, pages, profiles, images, feeds or communications exchanged on the Social Networks)
• Contact details (such as name, email address, telephone number)
• Information relating to an individual’s real time location.
As the user, you are the data controller of your Content and we are the data processor for such Content. Where we process Content, we do so at your direction and on your behalf in accordance with the instructions you give us through the Services. When you connect your social media accounts through our Services, we only access, process, and use the Content to provide our Services subject to the Terms and the various terms and conditions imposed by the Social Networks. We may, in limited circumstances process Content for the purposes of improving the Services and functionalities users ask for as part of their Social Khalifa experience.
If you are using the Services by invitation of a Social Khalifa customer, whether that customer is your employer, another organization, or an individual, that customer determines its own policies regarding storage, access, modification, deletion, sharing, and retention of Content, which may apply to your use of the Services. Please check with the customer about the policies and settings it has in place.
Access, correction, and deletion of Content
You should be aware that Social Khalifa acts as a conduit between you and the various Social Networks. In several instances, the Content published via Social Khalifa will not be in Social Khalifa’s custody, and any Content that has been shared by you through any Social Networks via the Services may continue to be available to third parties and the public at large, as this Content is now under the control of the operators of the Social Networks.
An individual who seeks access to, or who seeks to correct or, amend inaccuracies in, or delete Content stored or processed by us on behalf of a user should direct his/her query to the Social Khalifa user (the data controller) or to the Social Networks. Upon receipt of a request from one of our users for us to remove the data, we will respond to their request within thirty (30) days. Please note however that we may need to retain certain information on our systems for as long as you maintain an account for our Services, for record keeping purposes, to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes, enforce our Terms, or as required or authorized by applicable law. Please refer How Long We Keep Personal Information section below for further detail.
For our users with subject to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Under EU law, Social Khalifa is a data processor of Content generated, requested or published via Social Networks. We process this Content in accordance with the instructions of our users. Because our users control how their Content is collected and used by them, our users are, in legal terms, the controllers of the Content that they process through our Services and are responsible for complying with applicable data protection laws, including the GDPR.
To facilitate the lawful processing of your Content through the Services, Social Khalifa makes available to its users a data processing agreement as an addendum to their existingSocial Khalifa agreement (“Data Processing Addendum”). This Data Processing Addendum implements the GDPR’s Article 28 terms for processors and also incorporates the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses (processors) of 2010 (also known as “model processor clauses” or "SCC 2010”) to facilitate the lawful transfer of Content that contains personal information from the EU to outside of the EU, where necessary and as required. More information regarding International Transfers is set out below.
The Data Processing Addendum is available for all of our users here. If you would like to incorporate the Data Processing Addendum into your existing agreement with Social Khalifa, please sign Social Khalifa’s Data Processing Addendum and return it to us via email. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our privacy team.
Privacy Information that applies to both Account Data and Content
When we may share personal information
• With your consent or at your direction, such as when you connect a Social Network to our Services
• With service providers (including payment processors) we engage to perform functions or provide services to us, where those service providers are subject to obligations that are consistent with this privacy notice and to appropriate confidentiality and security measures
• Where we believe that it is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or if we are otherwise legally required to do so, such as in response to court orders or legal process, or to establish, protect, or exercise our legal rights or to defend against legal claims or demands
• If we believe it is necessary in order to investigate, prevent, or take action against illegal activities, fraud, situations involving potential threats to our rights or property (or to the rights or property of those who use our Services), or to protect the personal safety of any person
• If we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding situations that involve the security of our Services, abuse of the Services infrastructure, or the Internet in general (such as voluminous spamming, denial of service attacks, or attempts to compromise the security of the Services)
• To a parent company, subsidiaries, joint venture, or other companies under common control with Social Khalifa
• If we are acquired by or merged with another entity (in which case we will require such entity to assume our obligations under this privacy notice), if we are involved in a bankruptcy, or if the ownership or control of all or part of our Services or their assets changes
How long we keep personal information
• We retain your Account Data for as long as necessary to provide the Services you have requested, or for other essential purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, or enforcing our Terms.
• We retain Content for as long as needed to provide the Services, or until you ask us to delete it pursuant to the Terms. We retain and use this Content as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce the Terms.
• Please note that certain personal information may need to be retained by Social Khalifa for a period of time following the cancellation of your account where this is necessary for our legitimate business purposes or required or authorized by applicable law. Our specific retention periods for personal information are documented in our internal retention policies and any applicable retention schedules that we maintain as required by applicable law.
• After it is no longer necessary for us to retain your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner, according to our data retention and deletion policies.
We use Account Data to enable us to operate the Services and provide them to you, including to:
• Enable your access to our Services.
• Allow you to communicate with us and with other users.
• Verify your transactions, for purchase confirmation, billing, security, and authentication to our services.
• Contact you about your account and provide customer service support, including responding to your comments and questions.
• Keep you informed about the Services, features, surveys, newsletters, offers, contests and events we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us.
• Sell or market Social Khalifa products and Services to you.
• Improve and optimize our Services.
We use Account Data to:
• Understand your needs and the needs of users in the aggregate, diagnose problems, analyze trends, perform analytics, conduct research and improve the features and usability of the Services, test and troubleshoot new products and better understand and market to our users.
• Analyze the Website or the other Services and information about our visitors and users, including research into our user demographics and user behavior.
• Create aggregate (non-identifiable) statistics about users of the Services with a view to introducing improvements and improving usability of the Services
Keep our Services safe.
We use Account Data to verify accounts and activity, maintain the integrity of our Services, and to keep the Services safe and secure.
Processing of Content
When we receive or access data from our various Social Networks, we do so at your request and within each Social Network’s terms and conditions. As our user, you ultimately decide which Social Networks connect with and which Social Networks you want to share your data with. We process your Content, at your instruction, acting as a conduit between you and the Social Networks that you connect to our Services.
You may opt out of marketing communications sent by Social Khalifa by managing your email preferences on our Preferences Management page, or by following the unsubscribe instructions included in each marketing email.
We may use Account Data to customize advertising that we direct to you, utilizing third parties. The Network Advertising Initiative has developed a tool that may help you understand which third parties have currently enabled cookies for your browser and opt-out of those cookies.
Changes to this Privacy Notice
Social Khalifa reserves the right to make changes to its privacy notice at any time. Innovation in software happens quickly and laws, regulations and industry standards evolve, which may make those changes necessary, or we may make changes to our business. If we do make changes to the privacy notice, we will post them to this page, so we encourage you to stay informed by checking back here periodically.
© socialkhalifa.com 2018